Thursday 4 September 2014

SUNDAYS !

So here's my first blog. I choose to write about sundays ! No particular reason, I was just randomly really observant this sunday when I went for shopping with my mum and sister. There's just something about weekends, or Sundays particularly! You know like a sudden wave of happiness ? :P The adrenaline rush ? :P Ok yeah that was too much but weekends are happiness, a day or two free from the daily routine..no alarms to set ( not that I set an alarm anyway, my mom wakes me up still! :P ). Everything to be done 3-4 hours later than the general routine..laziness in the weekends is pure bliss, isn't it ? :D Dad's are at home too, that means special sunday breakfast! :D Being a foodie that's something to look forward to ! But the looking-forward-to schedule doesn't end there. Special breakfast followed by somewhere to go to, shop, have fun and who wants dinner at home on a weekend ? No one!
So as I mentioned I was being kind of observant this Sunday it was fun to observe other people's lives for a change. For a change I say, because now a days who has the time, or I may say who wants to pick their heads up from their own lives and look at others ?!
Starting from the time we decided to go shop for an upcoming wedding (Yay!), we thought of taking an auto. And as our "shopping destination" was really far we were charged 120 rs! Thinking about the amount, it may look kind of minimal to the amount we spend these days on things we need or we don't need ( yeah, just trying to sound a little mature, I make my mum spend a lot on me too. ) But on a serious note, its a huge amount for a person who drives an auto. They could almost arrange a full day meal with it. Whereas, we could buy a few packets of Kurkure or something and those 120 rs would vanish in a while! ( Keeping the "badhti mehengai" in mind! )
There came the mall then. You know that smell of AC when you enter some place huge that's centrally air conditioned ? Lovee!! *Taking in a deep breath* ! :P So as soon as I enter a mall, even if I'm there for myself or not my eyes are only going to look for clothes for myself. Human tendency right ? No ? Ok chuck it ! :P So yeah, my mom decided to start off with looking for something for my sister as she thinks I already have too many clothes ( actually i do have too many, but its never enough for a girl you know! ), and something for me could be found in the end with ease! All of us got engrossed in searching for something worthy of wearing in a wedding. Picked up too many, rejected too many. Time for trial ! Something my sister hates from the core of her heart. So, she still  went on for trying and I was just interfering into other peoples trials giving an opinion about their clothes, in my head ofcourse!
There was this newly married couple ( they looked like it! ) and the pretty aunty just kept trying 10 different outfits and looking gorgeous in all of them and her husband hardly liked one outfit ! And in my head I was like yeah yeah pick this one, suits you! And then there was this family of mom, dad and two daughters. The parents waited outside while their daughters tried out the clothes. In the same trial room!! I wonder how it wasn't awkward! Well whatever, I can just judge like a normal human, they must be comfortable. None of my business. And then there was me. When I was actually waiting there to see how my sister looked in the chosen dresses, I concentrated more on others. It's fun ! You gotta admit. My mom kept asking for my "expert" advice on how the dresses made my sister look but finally, mutually, we liked nothing. We had already searched a lot for my sister and now it was my turn finally. Mum, me and my sister went on to the "traditionals area" for picking up some heavy 1-2 kg dresses for me to be worn in the wedding. (Yeah, now that I just exaggerated.) So the search for my clothes started and we found a bright mango yellow dress for me and one more and I went on for the trials. Till the time we could reach the trial room, on the way we found something great for my sister too! One more advantage of shopping for me, found my sisters clothes (not that there are any other advanges, except the shopping happiness it gives! ). So we were done shoping now.
Time for stomach-praying ( Pet-puja! ) I have this really crazy habit of converting almost everything hindi to english and vice versa, don't know why. So we went out and decided to have frankie. Frankie is one filling-quick food when you can't find something nice to eat! So standing by the frankie stall we ordered 3 of them, with my mom getting all tensed about being late, while we assured her we'd reach home in time, "sahi-salaamat"! So this frankie guy decided to give us our frankie's the last. I don't know if we were actually last in line or whatever. Since he had decided to give us the last, I decided to overhear his conversation ( nothing personal he was talking, but tit for tat! ) When he took a really long time to serve our orders my mum was like " bhaiya itni der?" to which he replied " han madam ab customers hi itne hain!" And then we waited a little more. Here comes the overhearing part. He satrted telling his friend " dekho sunday hai, kitni bheed hai..31st ko toh saans lene ka tak time nahi tha!" And that just made me feel, we all think we're busy but sitting in an AC cabin and working is work ( ofcourse everybody works hard!), but this!! Continously making and providing good food to hungry customers where you don't even get time to breathe ( not literally ) is what you call NEED. It shows their need for money when they can't earn it any other way. They coudn't be educated but they cook good, delicious food and earn their own living! :) Interrupting my thoughts came our frankies and all my other thoughts were broken by the realisation that now its time to relish the frankie!
We ate and returned back home. This time it charged 100. Its nice when you're charged less than the amount before and you don't have to bargain ! :P So this was like my observant Sunday. I think I like observing ( what I never really did much before)..hmm..I should do it more often! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment