Thursday 4 September 2014

Value.

                                                          
Youtube. One of my most favourite thing about the internet ! Not a day goes by without using youtube. Be it for making me laugh looking at the super humorous youtubers, for inspiring me to work hard for things in life or sometimes maybe just to listen to amazingly gifted singers with beautiful voices. Youtube has been there for all of it. And as a result of that, I've been subscribed to a lot of youtubers, singers comprising a larger part of my subscirptions. Though all those singers make me feel like having a better, sweeter, can-be-used-for-singing type of voice at times, but above that it just makes me really happy to listen to their beautiful voices and see how they dared to put up a video on such a huge medium.
So, it was this normal day and I was youtub-ing and going through my subscribed channels to see if there's any youtuber who's videos I haven't watched in a long time. Sunakshi Raina. Gorgeous girl with freakishly beautiful long hair and an amazing voice. As soon as my eyes fell on her name, I realised I had not noticed any uploads from her in a long time. That generally doesnt happen with active youtubers, they mostly upload videos every week. I just clicked on her name and her channel opened with no new videos. So I just decided to watch her one and only professionally shot video, again. And I have this habit of looking at the comments section in the videos. I started scrolling down and the first comment I see, "RIP Sunakshi." I still didnt realise anything and kept scrolling. 2nd comment. "RIP Sunakshi, you will be missed." I freakin' panicked. 3rd comment. "She didn't die of kidney failure. Sometime back she had a kidney transplant and later she was diagnosed with chicken pox which affected her kidney and she passed away."
I was literally in shock. Like I froze for a moment with nothing on my mind. Not exaggerating, I was actually that shocked. She was one of my favourite youtubers ! How did she just pass away ? It felt like something unreal, but it was real. I kept searching for any news about her on Google or solid information about her on any of her other videos, but there was nothing that I could find out, except the fact that she had just passed away.
One might think, why was I in such a shock or why was I grieving so much about a youtuber whom I didn't even know personally ? Attachment, is the answer. I was a frequent viewer of her videos and really loved her singing. Attachment doesn't only mean that you feel connected to the people you know personally, attachment or connection is something you feel about people or even things, when you look upto them or sometimes when there's just no particular reason, but you just like them. That's how I feel about some of my favourite youtubers, because I feel attached. People might not find it legit to be attached to youtubers, but it is just that way about me.
That day, it kind of changed my thoughts about people, about things, in general. I felt sad and grieved on the death of a person whom I didn't even personally know. God forbid, something happens to someone close to me, how terrible would that be.
Its just, valuing people around is important. Very important. We take life for granted. We take people for granted. Assuming nothing bad could ever happen to us. But life is unpredictable and unfair, many a times. We need to learn to start treating people the way they are worthy of. We need to start acknowledging what others do for us. More than half of our time goes in ranting or complaining about situations and people. Forgiving should become easy. Yes, it is hard to forgive and forget when someone does something unexpectedly bad to you. But there's a reason why people are the way they are. And if there isn't a reason, trying to ignore that little part of unpleasantness about their nature wouldn't hurt. Everybody has a part about them that's absolutely amazing and a part where they are not likable. Its easy to look at situations when you try to put yourself in other people's shoes and imagine the reasons for anything that is happening. No doubt, you have your own feelings and you do get hurt. Take care of yourself and love yourself, but we can give it a try to stop being bitter about life and the people it contains. We never know whom we may lose in the future. Looking back shouldn't hurt. When we look back at our past it should never seem like a regret for not treating people right or not loving them enough. Mend broken friendships. Friendship and the love you get, is what's going to be with you in your memories in the future. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Be with people who love you and you love them back. Distance yourself from people if there's something that could cause bitterness in the near future. Distancing isn't bad. Precautions are always better than cure. Its better to be careful not to hurt yourself and others instead of trying to maintain bitter relationships and hurting yourself and others later. People are different. You cant, and shouldn't expect people to maintain their lives according to you. We can learn to love people with all their flaws. Everybody has flaws, in one or the other way. In a way which is seen, also in a way which is not seen. Differences do come in between at times, but if forgiving was easy, how happy would life be. If people were valued like they are worthy of, how happy would we make others and ourselves. If someone has distanced themselves from you, trying to understand their situations would help more rather than creating hatred in your heart about the people you once loved. Its okay if things are not the same as they were before. Times change and people change. We can't expect people to remain the same if there were major changes going on in their lives, which we may or may not know. Just accept. Being accepted for what and who you are, is something to be absolutely thankful for. Accept others the way they are too.
Its these things in life which make life happier and easy for us to cope. This incident taught me something really important. At the end, as I can't do anything about the loss of one of my favourie people, I'd also just say, "RIP Sunakshi. You'll be dearly missed. You were a star. " Here's a link to her channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKjH-E2vIMYzwFfy1l-40Ag . Liking her talent or not is your choice, but being positive about someone who has passed away is being great in yourself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment