Thursday 16 February 2017

I really want to... would you like to ?

I want to wear pyjamas and talk about how the oldest of them are the most comfortable.
I want to climb up the terrace scared of the darkness but elated by the glittering stars and the chilly winds.
I want to talk about how we unknowingly matched our steps while climbing up here and how we pulled our sweaters closer as the breeze hit our faces and tightened our grips around our cups of hot chocolate.
I want to sip on it while I look at the sky in awe of the amount of beauty it holds, which is just the beginning of the melting pot that this world is.
I want to discuss about  how people think the ones who die become stars.
I want to mindlessly banter about how a star that's itself, falling, would fulfil our wishes.
I think I'd also like to take a moment here and appreciate how good the hot chocolate is. And while the steam from it warms my face,
I want to think how peaceful the city looks at night. Its equally quiet and empty in the mornings, but the nights for sure, do hold some magic!
I want to laugh about how we'd freak out if a bat flew over us in this dark night only lit by the moon. I, now, thinking about the moon, would love to acknowledge the privileges the moon has, of showing up full when it looks its best and shows only parts of it on other days.
I don't want to think about the sciences here for a while. It's beautiful to be able to perceive the world differently.
I want to bicker about how I told we'd need a blanket and you did not agree.
I'd love to talk about the freedom nights make you feel. And how would it be to feel this way every day of your life.
I think this diverts us to the pros and cons of having freedom and being protected.
I want us to talk about the responsibilities freedom brings with it.
In the midst of this, I
want to clear the dust off my pyjamas so that it flies in your face and we'd argue a little and laugh a lot, in hushed voices.
I am blown away about how many emotions we have.
I want to know how some people conceal their emotions while some highlight them so effortlessly.
I want to crack some ant-elephant jokes which will make us spit out our hot chocolate because that's how lame our humour is.
I want to end the night wishing there was some more hot chocolate, to keep us warm, while we go from topic-to-topic and talk about almost everything under the stars.

I really want to...would you like to ?







9 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing... simply amazing :) (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about other things but I really want try that hot chocolate you are talking about... haha
    Very nice post though. I am really amazed how deep you think and the humour in between that keeps readers like me interested in reading ahead, who hardly read more than two lines of any post what so ever.
    Keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's really nice of you, Sagar! Glad it could keep you engaged till the very end. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. This is without a doubt, one of the best poems I've ever read. I don't understand how someone can write so beautifully! I mean, itsi beautiful how tbe thoughts in your head flow so perfectly in this poem... I can't appreciate this enough.
    Now I'm craving some hot chocolate :)♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kapilllll! I'm so sorry I missed out on these comments. Makes me so happy that you liked it. Thank you so much 💜😁

      Delete
  4. Iam really into dese lines from u
    “ ones who die become stars“
    Wish it could happen so dat we knw dey r up der watching us accomplishin things dey wantd us to.
    It hit ma soul .

    ReplyDelete