Saturday 4 February 2017

Star Gazing

You loved sitting in our front yard and star gazing.
So much so that, you had made it our weekend night ritual.
It's been years since we do this,
And I've never understood what made you so happy to look at the stars.
This time, I decided to focus and find out why star gazing never felt like something new to me.
It was always too familiar. Almost like a déjà vu.
It felt like the kind of happiness I've already felt before.
Like I've looked at something so beautifully bright too.
Like I've already seen a dark sea with glistening objects, 
And then there's one out of it that's my favourite.
To let you know how I felt, I turned to you.
And this time, it was all clear in a second,
When I saw your beautiful face smiling the gorgeous smile of yours, gazing at the stars.
You were the happiness and the beautiful brightness.
You were the favourite in this dark sea.
You were my Star. All the time.
And that's the reason, gazing at these stars was never new to me.

2 comments: